Wednesday, July 13, 2011

update on 7-13-2011

hey everyone, sorry about the somewhat late update.  I have pictures I want to post, I just can't post them right now because i'm at work at the moment.  Anyways, this past Monday (7-11-2011) Nick and I tried to do our first broadcast sort of but I knew it would involve a lot of troubleshooting and it might not work out entirely.  Well by the end of the night we finally got sound broadcasting live onto the Internet from our microphones and it was sounding good.  at first it was broadcasting weird sounds and majorly distorting our voices till you couldn't understand it but we finally got that working good.  Even to this day though, I still can't figure out why the video won't broadcast out onto the Internet.  I am trying to broadcast 1080i resolution video through www.ustream.tv.  I even bought the Ustream Producer Pro so that I could do HD 1080i but its still not working.  I might have to go with another service other than ustream because according to what other people have said online, ustream's customer service is horrible.  I can't wait to get the video working.  I also want to "pipe" the sound output from 1 or 2 computers into inputs on my sound mixer/board.  I almost tried this on Monday (7-11) but before I did I got shocked.  I got shocked by holding the cord of the computer output in 1 hand and my other hand touched the outside of the sound mixer.  I even tried this after turning off the sound mixer but still got shocked so I never actually put the cord/computer output into a channel on my sound mixer because I didn't want to blow out anything.  I didn't want to blow out a channel on my sound mixer.  Yesterday (7-12-2011) I talked to a friend who knows a good bit about sound mixing and he gave me some suggestions that I will try.  I probably have to get the sound level down or up to the right level to do this.  I am researching online and such to see what other options I have and to see if I can get the ustream to broadcast my video to the Internet.  If you have any ideas or anything, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment